Wright Staff Fleet Files Vol. 10 coming out in May!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Wright Staff Fleet Files Vol. 10 coming out in May!

Post  Vympel on Sun May 01, 2011 12:11 am

http://www.hlj.com/product/WRS81010

I've put in my pre-order Smile

I'm really glad it has Barbarossa and Shiva - in the next Vol. I want to see Kempf's Jotunheim and Muller's Lubeck.

Vympel
Gineipaedia Staff
Gineipaedia Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wright Staff Fleet Files Vol. 10 coming out in May!

Post  Canary on Thu May 05, 2011 10:46 am

It is nice to see those two. Sadly, they're the only 2 ships in the collection I'm interested, and $90 is way too much. Maybe when they're on sale.

Speaking of $90 and HLJ, I did just send in an order for 2 VF-22s (Max and Miria versions) which are crazy-cheap at the moment--only $90 USD each! (These are the enormous, ultra-high quality 1/60 scale Yamato figures).
Canary
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vympel on Thu May 05, 2011 1:40 pm

I'm a completionist so I automatically get everything Smile

I've recently got into Macross and HLJ's Macross sale is really good value, but I'm scared of starting yet another collecting habit!

Vympel
Gineipaedia Staff
Gineipaedia Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Canary on Fri May 06, 2011 12:48 pm

lol, I know what you mean. I started collecting various display figures a few years back (Macross Fighter Collections, Space Battleship Yamato and Gundam Cosmo Fleets). What sucks is that A) they're expensive, B) they're sold in randomly assorted quantities and C) I'm running out of room to place them. It does give the top shelves of my bookcases a nice, regimented order.

I've got Master Grade gunpla at the back of each top shelf (on display bases--Turn A, Victory, the good stuff) with a few HGUC or EX models in the middle, and then in the forefront I've got a nice line of Fleet File ships and Macross fighters. Looks really cool, the big downside being I'm swiftly running out of space for my books: I've got texts piled high (as in 4-foot tall stacks) on my dresser, desk, and on the floor. I've got my 3 current Yamato macross figures on my dresser (a YF-19, VF-11 and VF-1). They're really big and hefty.

If you do collect Macross stuff eventually, go for the Yamato figures. The extra cost is... well worth it. Also, there really aren't that many of them. While I'd kill for a VF-2SS (murder) they've really only got various VF-1 repaints (and a VF-0, which is... basically a VF-1) a VF-11, VF-19 and VF-22. That's about it, since Yamato doesn't have the rights to the newer Macross stuff.

I just wish they'd make really, really big LoGH ship display models/figures. Have you seen the giant, half-meter long Yamato (Space Battleship) that was released last winter? Thing is impressive. I'd love a Brunhild like that to sit on my desk.
Canary
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Vympel on Tue May 17, 2011 12:18 pm

Have you been to alba creates homepage? I don't understand a word of it (google translate helps somewhat) but there was something there about a 1/2500 scale Hyperion and Brunhild. That's twice the size of their other models.

Vympel
Gineipaedia Staff
Gineipaedia Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top