Hi All! Not sure if this is the right place...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi All! Not sure if this is the right place...

Post  Lee Thompson on Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:08 pm

I apologize for the relatively non LoGH-ness of this post.

I just discovered this forum and Gineipaedia this evening (my fault entirely, I've been somewhat "out of the loop" for a long time).

I'm ashamed to admit that I'm the guy that founded and then neglected the LoGH Info Center (almost 15?) years ago. Basically, I got married, got busy with work, and then got lazy. ( Actually, I did try a LoGH Info Center Wiki for a short while but due to a general lack of knowledge of how to lock it down, my MediaWiki got spammed to death to the point where I had to wipe it and then I was just kinda pissed off. )

At any rate, very happy to see this and plan to contribute (more often than once every 12-15 years) unless you all hate me and kick me off. (You gotta admit, that shows flexibility)

BTW: I don't know if anyone still uses the old InfoCenter or not, if not I could always redirect the InfoCenter to go to Gineipaedia. (Also of anyone wants a @logh.net e-mail address I can set that up.)

Lee Thompson
Ward
Ward

View user profile http://www.logh.net

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi All! Not sure if this is the right place...

Post  kine on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:08 am

Hey there, sorry i missed this before. I did catch you on your talk page, but just to be thorough:

The InfoCenter has actually been very helpful, and i think we've used it as a reference several times. Even in its old age it's still pretty useful, so thanks for that.

As far as Gineipaedia, at the moment we are also going through a period of neglect, i'm sorry to say. Iracundus and Vympel have been making periodic changes and doing a bit of maintenance stuff, but the last serious update blitz was like a year ago. Our main problem of course is the niche nature of LOGH within the English-speaking world, which provides us very few long-term contributors. On top of that, i'm the only 'technical' member of our team, so server maintenance, design changes, template creation, certain types of information gathering (like the subtitle project), and bot commands are all the sole responsibility of a single person.

So, you may find it slightly dusty at the moment. I have been trying to work out how to get back into it when my other obsessions fade but at the moment i have no particular plans. If you feel like contributing, it would absolutely be appreciated.

Regarding the InfoCenter again, i do think it's still in use, and it still contains a great deal of information that Gineipaedia does not. The ultimate goal of Gineipaedia is to absorb all of that sort of stuff, but it's certainly not there yet. Because of this, i wouldn't recommend redirecting the site, but if you did want to put a link to Gineipaedia on the front page or whatever, that might be helpful. :)

Thanks again!

kine
Gineipaedia Staff
Gineipaedia Staff

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top